If you want a straighter smile but are hesitant to sport traditional metal braces, we have the solution: Invisalign! Offered by your Melbourne, FL, dentist, Dr. Mark Kedzierski, this orthodontic system straightens your teeth discreetly and comfortably.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system realigns your smile using a series of clear aligner trays worn over your upper and lower teeth. These trays exert constant pressure on your teeth, gently moving them into the proper position over time. For treatment, you will receive a series of aligner trays that replace each other approximately every two weeks, with each tray needing to be worn for 20 to 22 hours per day.
Your aligner trays are custom-designed to correct your orthodontic problems and are created using a combination of digital impressions, X-rays, and photographs taken at our Melbourne office.
What advantages are offered by Invisalign?
If you choose Invisalign treatment, you'll enjoy a few important benefits including:
- A Wire-Free Smile: Aligner trays are constructed of clear, comfortable plastic to ensure that your friends notice your smile, not your orthodontic gear.
- No Adjustments: Metal and ceramic braces require frequent adjustments that can be a little uncomfortable. Adjustments are one thing you won't have to worry about with Invisalign.
- All the Popcorn You Want: Popcorn, gum, raw carrots, and other foods are forbidden when you wear ceramic or metal braces because the foods may break wires or stick to brackets. You won't have to give up the foods you like with Invisalign. Every time you eat, you'll remove your trays, rinse them out, and put them back in your mouth when you've finished your meal.
- No Complicated Cleaning Routines: When you opt for Invisalign treatment, you won't need to buy special flossing tools or change your oral hygiene routine. After you take the trays out, you just brush and floss as usual!
- Shorter Treatment Time in Some Cases: Are you an adult considering orthodontic treatment? Straightening your teeth with Invisalign may only take about a year. Invisalign offers an effective treatment option for many mild to moderate orthodontic issues, including overbites and crossbites.
Are you ready to find out if Invisalign is a good option for you? Call our Melbourne office at (321) 254-0306 to schedule an appointment.